French President Francois Hollande warned Friday that his country faces a long battle after the deadly attack in Nice on Thursday evening during a Bastille Day celebration. “The whole world is watching us and expressing its solidarity,” he said, according to the Guardian. “The world is thinking of us.” The president also confirmed that 84 people of a number of nationalities have died and added that a further 50 are “between life and death.” “And there are a number of young children who came to watch fireworks with their families, who have been struck down just to satisfy the cruelty of one individual or possible of a group,” Hollande said, according to media reports. In comparison, 130 people died during the coordinated attacks in Paris in November of last year. The Nice killings happened Thursday night as a man in a truck barreled through Bastille Day revelers who were gathered at the Promenade des Anglais in the seaside city in the south of France.
Market Pulse Stories are Rapid-fire, short news bursts on stocks and markets as they move. Visit MarketWatch.com for more information on this news.